BlogLovin

Follow

Monday, January 24, 2011

Musical Monday: The Harvey Girls




Has anyone noticed that I've been on a huge Judy Garland kick? She's in this, along with Angela Lansbury. Judy Garland's character is going West to become someone's wife. That doesn't work out so she becomes a Harvey Girl (waitress) and ends up in a feud with the other saloon girls.



That song is kind of long, so I'm only going to post one video today. There is also the most amazing fight scene between Judy Garland and Angela Lansbury. That was my favorite part of the movie!

5 comments:

  1. I love old musicals on film. Just recently watched "covergirl" on tv. i will definitely request this one at the library this minute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. checked and the library doesn't have any copies. and there aren't any shops that sell these kind of films. such a shame!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh no! I have Netflix so that's where I end up getting most of my old movies from. I also buy old VHS tapes which end up costing next to nothing, but I know a lot of people don't have VCRs anymore

    ReplyDelete
  4. HAVING TOO MANY VCR'S TO PART WITH, I PURCHASED A COMBINED VCR / DVD RECORDERS ARE THE ONLY WAY TO GO. MOSTLY ON SALE, MAYBE NOT AVAILABLE IN THE FUTURE. CHEZ FROM OZ

    ReplyDelete