BlogLovin

Follow

Thursday, February 23, 2012

Rodeo Vacation


Growing up in Tucson, school kids always got a three (maybe four?) day weekend in February because of the rodeo being in town. There was a friend on facebook still living there that mentioned that the rodeo was in town so that brought back some fun memories. I haven't lived in Tucson for over ten years, but now I'm in the mood to watch some ("girly") Western movies today! If you have Netflix, these are some movie suggestions that are all on instant play (for the moment):

-The Beautiful Blonde from Bashful Bend with Betty Grable
-The Outlaw with Jane Russull
-Foxfire with Jane Russell (this isn't exactly a Western movie, but it is set in Arizona)
-Calamity Jane with Doris Day

Now break out your cowgirl boots and six shooters and have at it :)



2 comments:

  1. Great suggestions! I used to spend a lot of time during the summer in Arizona (Phoenix and Mesa) visiting my grandpa. Still my favorite state! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you enjoy them if you decide to watch a couple! AZ is a great state, but I don't miss the summer heat at ALL

    ReplyDelete