BlogLovin

Follow

Thursday, July 22, 2010

Hair High





Bill Plympton is one of my favorite animators of all time. I was so excited when he made a movie called "Hair High" that was set in the 50s. It's basically a story of two lovers that get murdered on the way to prom. Then they come back from the dead so they can finally have that magical prom date they had been waiting for. It's slightly on the weird/gross side, but I would recommend it to any fans of Cry Baby (or weird indie movies in general). I know I loved it. It's not on Netflix (yet) but if anyone is interested in it, you can buy a copy at http://plymptoons.com/ The soundtrack is really fun too. And just for fun, here is a picture of when I got to meet Bill Plympton at a film festival thing a couple years ago. He was super nice, and super tall. I just about died.

No comments:

Post a Comment