BlogLovin

Follow

Monday, May 3, 2010

Jane Russell

I've been pretty MIA lately. Thanks to finals, one of my guinea pig dying, and then my Grandpa dying, I just haven't been in the mood to do much of anything. I got caught up on a lot of my school stuff today, so I've been watching a lot of clips from old musicals on youtube tonight.

Now I love Marilyn Monroe, but I think that Jane Russell is the best part about the movie, Gentlemen Prefer Blondes. I LOVE the musical scene when she's in the gym, singing with all those scantily clad men around. If you think about it, it's pretty homo erotic, and it looks like they're wearing thongs if you squint your eyes a little bit. It makes me giggle every time. I don't know if this is true, but I've heard that the part where Jane Russell gets knocked into the water was unplanned. She just went with it, and it ended up being the "best" take they made of that scene. I really need to see more Jane Russell movies. Time to get another Netflix account I guess.




4 comments: